A Singapore-Listed Company Builds Client Satisfaction with Better Project Management
Singapore-Listed Company Builds Client Satisfaction with Better Project Management
Established in 1912 with key activities in Engineering, Construction and Integrated Facility Management, a Singapore-listed corporation’s strong track record and end-to-end capabilities from Design, Build and Manage has given it a competitive edge in today’s business. As one of the first listed companies in Singapore, the company today has more than 5000 employees and operations in about 12 countries across the Asia ,Pacific region.
Under its property development subsidiary, the company continues to contribute to Singapore’s urban landscape by building some of the more iconic structures and residential condominiums.
Its a most recent project is a mixed development comprising of multi story condominium and hotel as well as a retail podium. Given the strategic and iconic nature of this development, it is singled out by the company’s senior management for Kepner-Tregoe to provide project management support. The underlying intents are to embed robust project management practices that govern the construction of the iconic project; and in the longer term, develop a customized model that can replicate success at other project sites.
Underpinned by Kepner-Tregoe’s Sustainability Proposition Model comprising of Capability Transfer, Process Integration, Performance Support, the company and KT collaborated to improve the iconic project via:
- Based on pre-determined criteria key personnel were identified as Internal Process Drivers which were groomed to drive improvement effort.
- Internal Process Drivers underwent customized training in Project Management, Issue Resolution and The Performance System.
- Identified causes of bottlenecks and thereafter devised corrective actions (e.g., Technical Drawing Process)
- Developed guidelines for three level-down WBS detailed project plans which formed the basis for Perfect Week Management.
- Scanned project implementation during Milestone Management to pin-point potential areas of concerns and thereafter proactive resolutions through Perfect Week Management.
- Established a Subcontractor Selection and Risk Management Matrix.
- Established an Interface Model that supports co-ordination among Structural, M&E, Architectural and Curtain Wall works focusing on Perfect Week, Milestone Management, Visual Factory and Technical Drawing Process Optimization.
- Established protocols and measurement systems to track project progress and performance that aided management in making fact-based decisions.
- Reduced conflicts among stakeholders, usually involving Main and Sub-contractor, M&E, Architect, etc., by providing a process for co-operation, communication and issue resolution.
KEPNER-TREGOE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
KT Project Management combines the technical and people skills that are fundamental for effective project management. Its practical, step-by-step approach results in the successful management of projects, regardless of size or complexity. Drawing on its proven processes for problem solving and decision making, risk management and human performance, KT Project Management provides the capabilities needed to bring construction projects in on time and within budget.
KT’s comprehensive method and intervention for strengthening the project management expertise in organizations of construction industry consists of four distinct phases:
KT Project Management also addresses the factors that can promote project performance and influence project behavior. Our approach to engineering the performance system and managing people involvement can be used to support teamwork and gain commitment to the project.
CLIENT LIST FROM CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY CHAIN
Some of our clients in the construction supply chain who have benefited from KT process driven project management are Ann Joo Steel, Axis Identity Group, BlueScope Steel, BlueScope Lysaght, Cement Australia, Greatearth Construction, Keppel Shipyard, NatSteel, Paramount Property Development, Pruksa Real Estate Thailand, SCG Building Materials, United Engineers Limited, just to name a few.
A Singapore-Listed Company Download Now